If you can give a horse a temporary home, it frees up space at our location – which helps us rescue more horses! Our foster home requirements are similar to our adoption requirements. Please download and read our 13 Hands Foster Agreement to find out more, then complete the form and contact us to proceed. If you can’t foster at this time but would still like to help out our wonderful rescue horses, please consider sponsoring (see below) or volunteering your time. Any way in which you can contribute is greatly appreciated!
Sponsoring a horse at 13 Hands means committing to a recurring monthly donation to help cover the cost of care for your favorite horse. It’s a wonderful way to help us with our expenses – which in turn means we can afford to save even more rescue horses! You don’t have to know anything about horses or provide any care beyond your financial contribution, but you will be welcome to visit the farm by appointment to see your sponsored horse. You will also:
- Receive a Certificate of Sponsorship.
- Get monthly updates and photos of your sponsored horse.
- If you are a business, you may use photos of your sponsored horse in advertising or promotional materials.
To begin sponsoring, all you have to do is
- pick a horse and
- decide on a monthly donation amount, then
- head over to our Donations Page to submit the sponsorship information
You will receive your Certificate of Sponsorship – and you’ll know that you directly helped a horse saved from slaughter!